This educational activity has been developed by the Sarcoma Foundation of America
and Mechanisms in Medicine Inc.
This YouAndSarcoma.com resource provides easy-to-understand animations and slide shows to help sarcoma patients, as well as their families and caregivers, to discuss key issues with their health care providers and make important decisions related to management and treatment sarcoma disease.
This educational activity is supported by:
Lilly USA, LLC
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
This website is part of the The Animated Patient Series™ developed by Mechanisms In Medicine to provide highly visual formats of learning for patients to improve their understanding, make informed decisions, and partner with their health care professionals for optimal health outcomes. For more information visit www.AnimatedPatient.com
Raphael Pollock, MD, PhD
Professor of Surgery
Director, Division of Surgical Oncology
Ohio State University
Dr Pollack has no conflicts of interest to report.
The goals of "You and Sarcoma: Animated Guide for Patients with Sarcoma" are to:
- Enhance communications between sarcoma patients and their health care providers, by increasing patient understanding of the complexities of their disease, its risk, symptoms, therapeutic options, management strategies, and health outcomes.
- Explain and contrast the complex evidence-based clinical data and scientific concepts of sarcoma to patients – including treatment risks and benefits in disease management, issues about safety, side-effects, and utility in the spectrum of management options related to sarcoma.
- Empower patients through effective education on sarcoma to be better partners with their health care providers, thereby promoting better dialogue between patients and physicians leading to improved health outcomes.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance their own personal development.
- The opinions expressed in this educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the developers or the sponsors.
- The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management.
- Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should be discussed with your doctor.
- This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
You and Sarcoma is an internet-based educational program available on Mac and PC. Click here to view the complete Technical Requirements.